Castle & Key Distillery
FRANKFORT, KY, November 11, 2021 – Castle & Key Distillery is excited to share that they have officially launched a series of Restoration Rye Single Barrels to be released every Thursday and Sunday beginning now through Sunday, December 12, except for the week of Thanksgiving. The single barrels will be available at the distillery for $64.99.
“We’re thrilled to be able to announce our Restoration Rye Single Barrel Whiskey, which doesn’t come from our most consistent barrel, but instead showcases the anomaly, the unusual and the interesting,” says Research & Development Manager, Jon Brown. “It truly is a journey in every barrel.”
Castle & Key will release two single barrel bottle labels, Black and Gold. Restoration Rye Single Barrel Black Labels were picked and identified as a single barrel release by the Castle & Key team and will be sold in the Boiler Room on site (see schedule below). Restoration Rye Single Barrel Gold Labels will be selected by retailers, restaurants and enthusiast groups throughout key markets where Castle & Key products are sold.
SINGLE BARREL BLACK INFORMATION:
Barrel No. 1529 - Thursday, November 11th
Aroma: Baking Spice, Mint, Apples
Taste: Baking Spice, Brown Sugar, Leather
Finish: Mint, Toffee, Nutmeg
Proof: 119.1 Alc/Vol - 59.55%
Barrel No. 250 - Sunday, November 14th
Aroma: Floral, Baked Apple, Caramel, Cinnamon
Taste: Toffee, Rye Bread, Allspice
Finish: Cinnamon, Cedar, Pepper
Proof: 116.9 Alc/Vol - 58.45%
Barrel No. 259 - Thursday, November 18th
Aroma: Herbal, Oak, White Pepper, Ash
Taste: Brown Sugar, Peanut, Tobacco, Raisin
Finish: Gingerbread, Anise
Proof: 117.1 Alc/Vol - 58.55%
Barrel No. 355 - Sunday, November 21st
Aroma: Baked Bread, Oak, Sage, Green Fig
Taste: Brown Sugar, Mint, Nutmeg,
Finish: Toast, Clove
Proof: 115.6 Alc/Vol - 57.8%
Barrel No. 1238 - Thursday, December 2nd
Aroma: Floral, Baked Apple, Allspice, Honey
Taste: Brown Sugar, Dark Chocolate, Dates
Finish: Sweet, Allspice, Mineral
Proof: 119.3 Alc/Vol - 59.65%
Barrel No. 1497 - Sunday, December 5th
Aroma: Caramel, Allspice, Stone Fruit, Green Melon
Taste: Savory, Clove, Apricot, Honey
Finish: Cacao Powder, Figs, Black Pepper
Proof: 126.4 Alc/Vol - 63.2%
Barrel No. 1534 - Thursday, December 9th
Aroma: Baked Apples, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Toffee
Taste: Brown Sugar, Toffee, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
Finish: Mint, Baked Cinnamon, Allspice
Proof: 118 Alc/Vol - 59%
GUIDELINES FOR RESTORATION RYE SINGLE BARREL RELEASE:
● Reservation must be made by the person who is picking up the bottle. Photo ID will be required and must match the name on the reservation. Must be 21+.
● All guests will be required to make a reservation to redeem a bottle of Restoration Rye Single Barrel. Guests are limited to 1 bottle per Restoration Rye Single Barrel release date. If you do not have a reservation, you will be unable to purchase a bottle of the Restoration Rye Single Barrel.
● Any duplicate reservations on a specific date will be removed to create an opportunity for more guests to purchase this limited release. Guests may book reservations for multiple dates.
● Any Restoration Rye Single Barrel release bottle NOT redeemed by 5 p.m. on said day of reservation will forfeit the right to purchase.
● This reservation does not complete the purchase of a Restoration Rye Single Barrel bottle. All purchases must be completed on-site inside the Boiler Room, guest center and retail space. Pricing for the Restoration Rye Single Barrel Release will be $65 plus tax per bottle.
RESERVING YOUR BOTTLE
● All reservations are released 48 hours in advance at 10:30am EST.
● All guests will be required to have a reservation prior to the release date. Guests who have not made a reservation in advance will not be able to redeem a bottle.
● Reservations must be completed online only.
PICKING UP YOUR BOTTLE
● As you arrive at the entry gate, a Hospitality Team Member will assist in check-in for your reservation pickup. Please have your Photo ID ready currently.
● Once a guest is checked-in, they will receive a ticket as proof of their reservation. This ticket must be submitted at the register inside the Boiler Room. Once redeemed guests will complete the purchase of their Restoration Rye Single Barrel bottle. Pricing for the Restoration Rye Single Barrel will be $65 plus tax per bottle.
● If a guest has not redeemed the reservation of their bottle by 5 p.m. on said day of reservation, then they will forfeit the reservation and be unable to purchase said bottle on a later date.
For information about Castle & Key’s spirit offerings, please visit www.CastleandKey.com or follow @CastleandKey on Instagram.
ABOUT CASTLE & KEY
Castle & Key is steeped in Kentucky distilling history, and yet also presents a reimagining of Kentucky spirits for the future. In 2014, Castle & Key Founding Partners Will Arvin and Wes Murry, two industry outsiders, purchased and began restoring The Old Taylor Distillery, which had fallen to ruin after decades of neglect, with a vision of creating an immersive distillery experience. Today, the Castle & Key team, now led by Co-Founder Will Arvin alongside Research & Development Manager, Jon Brown, and Head Blender, Brett Connors, are committed to identifying the best barrels for production each year, which leads to producing quality spirits that have a different flavor profile each year.
Located at 4445 McCracken Pike, Frankfort, KY, Castle & Key has become a popular travel destination for spirits and history enthusiasts as it offers tours of the many historical parts of the property including, the Boiler Room, Taylorton Station, Counter 17, the Springhouse and the Botanical Trail. For more information visit www.CastleandKey.com.