Chandler, AZ (June 7, 2021) – Bourbon Charity, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is thrilled to announce that in two short years, it has raised $1.2 million for 26 different charities. The organization is also now fully funded thanks to its Bourbon Hood group of passionate monthly givers, which ensures that 100 percent of funds raised will be donated to charity. The news comes just weeks before Bourbon Charity’s annual Father’s Day “Ultimate Bourbon Giveaway,” in partnership with Bardstown Bourbon Company.
“Giving back and celebrating a love of bourbon are at the core of Bardstown Bourbon Company, "said Bardstown Bourbon Company CEO Mark Erwin. “We are thrilled to partner with an organization like Bourbon Charity that lives out those values and allows us to raise funds for a great cause.”
Participants in the upcoming Father’s Day event will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for the “Ultimate Bourbon Giveaway” for the chance to win coveted prizes, including:
- Lunch and tour for eight with Bardstown Bourbon Company Master Distiller Steve Nally. Enjoy a private, behind the scenes look at every part of the BBCo. production process with bourbon hall of famer, Steve Nally. Then, sit down with Steve for a fantastic on-site restaurant experience. ($1,200 value)
- A bottle of Bardstown Bourbon Company's Distillery Collection. Innovation, collaboration, and exclusivity come together in this Distillery Collection. These one-time, limited offerings present the best of Bardstown Bourbon's dedication to the art and science of bourbon. ($199 value)
- Cocktail Class for Eight. Bring seven of your closest friends for a private cocktail experience in the Bardstown Bourbon Company elegant rick house lounge, Pete’s Place, named after late Founder Peter Loftin. Learn how to make the Kentucky classics through this fun, hands on experience. ($480 value)
- Vintage Whiskey Experience for Eight. Enjoy a tasting of three rare, vintage whiskeys. This guided flight takes place in Bardstown Bourbon Company’s magnificent vintage whiskey library, showcasing over 400 bourbons and ryes, dating back to 1892. ($1,200value)
- Pappy Van Winkle – 23, 20, 15-year and the Van Winkle Lot 'B' and 10-year
- Buffalo Trace Antique Collection -including William Larue Weller, Eagle Rare 17 Year, Sazerac 18 Year, George T. Stagg and Thomas H. Handy
- Chris Stapleton signed E. H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Bourbon “Bottled in Bond Day” commemorative edition distilled at Buffalo Trace Distillery. Nine years old, Bottled in Bond at100 proof, limited edition, single-barrel release not available for sale at retail
Tickets are available online through June 20, 2021 in the following denominations: $10 (25 tickets),$25 (150 tickets), or $50 (500 tickets). Each ticket affords participants a chance to win any giveaway. Winners will be announced on Friday, June 25, 2021via Instagram Live (@bourboncharity). Proceeds will benefit the following eight core charities that were voted on by the Bourbon Charity community: Children's Tumor Foundation, St. Jude, Feeding America, Boys& Girls Club of America, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Autism Speaks, Prostate Cancer Foundation.
Founded in 2019when his “Pops” was diagnosed with prostate cancer, Brandon Hunt donated his bourbon collection to start the organization. In one year’s time, Bourbon Charity has enlisted 12,000+ supporters whose passion for combining charity with bourbon to #drinkforachange has raised more than $1.2MM to26 charitable causes, including: Prostate Cancer Foundation, Children's Tumor Foundation, Fisher House Foundation, Dare to Care, and charity: water. All donations are tax deductible.
“Father’s Day isan especially significant day for me in light of my Pops’ prostate cancer diagnosis, ”said Brandon Hunt, Founder, Bourbon Charity. “Between that experience and a few other challenging events for my family and friends, I’m committed to helping make a difference in others’ lives. And I’m continually amazing and inspired by this passionate and likeminded bourbon community that has joined me for the ride.”
The online fundraising model has served the organization well, especially given the current state of the world. In addition to barrel picks, Bourbon Charity hosts several online fundraising events throughout the year, featuring rare and allocated whiskey, such as Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Weller, Sazerac, George T. Stagg and more.
Join the Bourbon Hood
Another way to get involved is to join the Bourbon Hood, a passionate community of 650 monthly givers that help to ensure every public dollar donated help the supported charities. Bourbon Hood members receive ticket entries in each fundraiser as well as exclusive merchandise and discounts. For more information, visit bourbonhood.org
For more information about Bourbon Charity and to donate, visit bourboncharity.org. Follow Bourbon Charity on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bourboncharity and Instagram @bourboncharity
About Bourbon Charity
Bourbon Charity is a nonprofit organization of more than 12,000 supporters and growing that raise money for charity. Core supported charities include: Prostate Cancer Foundation, Children's Tumor Foundation, Fisher House Foundation, Dare to Care, and charity: water. Bourbon Charity is registered as a 501(c)(3) as Brandon's Bourbon dba Bourbon Charity. We are a tax exempt organization.
About Bardstown Bourbon Company
Founded in 2014by Peter Loftin in the heart of Bourbon Country on 100 acres of active farmland, Bardstown Bourbon Company, 1500 Parkway Drive, Bardstown, Ky., is one of the country’s most modern and technically advanced whiskey distilleries. Celebrating the art of making high-quality, authentic bourbons, the innovative distillery produces custom rye, whiskey and bourbon, for prominent brands including High West, Belle Meade, Hirsch, and many others through its one-of-a-kind collaborative distilling program. Bardstown Bourbon Company honors tradition and drives innovation with their exceptional destination experience for visitors offering the only full-service restaurant located within a distillery on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, The Kitchen & Bar at Bardstown Bourbon Company. For more information about Bardstown Bourbon Company product and distillery experiences, visit www.bardstownbourbon.com and follow on Instagram and Facebook.