Bardstown Bourbon Company Collaborative Series: Amrut


Classification: Blend of Straight Bourbon and Straight Rye Finished in Amrut Indian Single Malt Barrels

Company: Bardstown Bourbon Company

Distillery: Sourced from undisclosed distilleries in Indiana and Kentucky

Release Date: May 2024

Proof: 110

Age: Blend of 8-9 year old rye whiskeys finished in Amrut Indian Single Malt barrels for an additional 18 months and 10-14 year old unfinished bourbons

Mashbill: Blend of:

-43% Rye | 9 Years | Distilled in IN | 51% Rye, 45% Corn, 4% Malted Barley

-20% Rye | 8 Years | Distilled in IN | 95% Rye, 5% Malted Barley

-17% Bourbon | 14 Years | Distilled in KY | 75% Corn, 13% Rye, 12% Malted Barley

-15% Bourbon | 10 Years | Distilled in KY | 78% Corn, 10% Rye, 12% Malted Barley

-5% Bourbon | 11 Years | Distilled in KY | 78% Corn, 13% Rye, 9% Malted Barley

‍Color: Dark Mahogany

MSRP: $160 / 750mL (2024)

Official Website

Press Release


Aged oak | Fresh leather | Vanilla | Nutmeg | Black cherry | Loose leaf tea | Pie crust |  Earthy


Rye spice | Light syrup | Aged oak | Mixed peppercorn | Light malt | Mixed berry | Silky mouthfeel


Building rye spice | Light leather | Charred oak | Berry turnover | White peppercorn | Light lingering heat


Utilizing a finishing barrel type that most consumers will not be familiar with results in a fantastic combination of flavors for the latest Bardstown Bourbon Company Collaborative Series release.

The Bardstown Bourbon Company Collaborative Series is known for its innovative blends of whiskeys with other industry partners. For their latest release, the company partnered with the Amrut Distillery from India. Bardstown took two rye whiskeys from Indiana and aged them in Amrut Indian Single Malt barrels for 18 months. These finished ryes were then blended with high aged Kentucky bourbons which were not finished. As a result, 63% of the total blend was finished in Amrut barrels and the remaining 37% is unfinished.

Bardstown Bourbon Company Collaborative Series: Amrut is an expressive whiskey through and through. It starts with its nose, which provides an earthy sandwich of aged oak and fresh leather scents, and then piles on vanilla and black cherry before topping it off with loose-leaf tea and nutmeg. The midpoint of the sip delivers a silky mouthfeel and carries with it notes of prominent rye spice and light syrup. These mingle elegantly with aged oak and a mixed berry note, which adds a fruity complementary component. Wrapping up with more traditional notes of rye spice, leather, and oak, the finish adds a delicious berry turnover note before transitioning to a light lingering heat.

Overall, this is a full-flavored expressive sip that continues to reveal its layers the longer you sit with it. Amrut, which is located in Kambipura, India, isn’t well known outside of whiskey circles. This collaboration should open a whole new consumer set to the company, for those who want to track down a Single Malt bottle after trying this Collaborative Series bottle. For consumers who haven’t been exposed to Amrut, this is a nice beginning step, as Bardstown Bourbon Company nailed this collaboration and the resulting sip.

The sample used for this review was provided to us at no cost courtesy its respective company. We thank them for allowing us to review it with no strings attached.
360 video

Written By: Jordan Moskal

July 9, 2024
photo of author
Available at these retailers
Bardstown Bourbon Company Collaborative Series: Amrut
Also Check out
No items found.
Reviews By This Author
Recent Reviews
Recent Articles
  • Exclusive Content
  • new content summary
  • bourbon in the news
  • social media roundup
Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyEthics PolicyCommenting Policy